Clashes in Sana'a, drone attack in south
New clashes erupted Wednesday night between government forces and gunmen loyal to opposition tribal chief Sheikh Sadiq Al Ahmar in Sanaa’s northern Al Hasaba district, witnesses said on Thursday. The two camps traded machinegun and mortar fire for around two hours late on Wednesday, the witnesses told AFP.
According to them, the exchanges were being directed from the tribal chief’s house on the one side and the nearby ministry of the interior on the other.
Meanwhile, an American drone attack killed five al-Qaeda-linked gunmen in southern Yemen on Wednesday, the AP reported. An official said the dawn raid targeted militant hideouts in the al-Arqoub area east of Zinjibar, capital of Abyan province.
- US drone strikes kill 20 Al Qaeda militants in Yemen
- Houthis seize special forces base in Sanaa, kill at least ten
- Stop the strikes in Yemen: Why Sanaa should reconsider its offensive on Al Qaeda
- Houthi militants surround prime minister's palace in Sanaa
- Clashes erupt in Northern Lebanon late into the night