Court in Egypt throws out case to expel Israeli ambassador
A court in Egypt threw out a lawsuit to expel the Israeli ambassador from the North African country, a court source said Saturday.
Parliament Member Ragab Helal Hemeida, an Islamist, had filed a motion back in August in Cairo, demanding Egypt expel Israeli ambassador, Gideon Ben Ami, AFP said.
The court threw out the case after Hemeida failed to show up at the court hearings Saturday. (Albawaba.com)
- Court Revokes Membership of MP Who Skipped Military Service
- Egyptian Petition Aims to Pressure Gov’t to Expel Israeli Ambassador
- Arab Israeli Mother Attacks Policeman Accused of Killing Son
- Egypt expels Turkish ambassador
- Anti- normalization with Israel resurfaces as Jordanian court requests lifting of immunity from MP