Damascus denies US report on clash with Syrian infiltrators to Iraq
A spokesman of the Syrian delegation to the Islamic States Summit in Kuala Lumpur denied on Wednesday reports about an infiltration to Iraq by some Syrian individuals.
According to SANA, the Syrian spokesman said that "these allegations are fabricated and it is not the first time such allegations are circulated."
These comments came following a US military report that several people were killed after having crossed the border and fired at an American helicopter.
The American announcement said that several people were killed by US troops late Tuesday after infiltrating Iraq from Syria and shooting at a US helicopter, forcing it to land but causing no US casualties.
"Soldiers engaged a small number of people who infiltrated from the border," a US spokesman said. "Some were killed, others detained," he said, adding that small arms and rocket-propelled grenades were seized. (Albawaba.com)
- Syria denies reports about clash on Iraq border
- Syrian PM denies US allegations on Iraq
- Clash on Syrian- Israeli border: Israel kills infiltrator, captures Syrian soldier; Two Palestinians dead in PA areas
- Clashes reported 8 kms from Damascus
- Report: US drops “terrorist funding” charges against Syrian firm to avoid provoking Damascus