Damascus: Three gunmen, security agent killed in clash
Syrian security forces killed אירקק suspected Iraqi "terrorists" and a policeman also died in clashes in a Palestinian refugee camp, private Dunia television said on Thursday. "A clash took place between security forces and presumed terrorist elements in the Yarmuk camp, and two of them were killed and one wounded," Dunia said, quoting witnesses.
"A Syrian policeman was also killed," said the television. "One of the men, who was wearing an explosives belt, was overpowered by the Syrian security forces," the television added, saying calm had returned to the camp. But it said that the three men killed in the clashes were "Iraqi citizens who were renting an apartment in Yarmuk camp."
Earlier Dunia said Saudis were among the presumed terrorists. About 424,650 Palestinian refugees are registered in Syria. Half of them live in 13 camps spread around the country.
- Syria says several dead in Damascus clashes
- Syria: Five ”terrorists” die in clash with security forces
- Jordan: Syrian refugee reportedly killed in Zaatari clashes
- Four people killed during clash between Syrian security forces and ''terrorists'' in Damascus
- Fateh Member Shot to Death in Lebanese Refugee Camp