Drivers in Bahrain Beware!
If you plan to drive in Bahrain, observe all traffic laws and don’t speed.
Bahraini officials intend to install cameras at traffic lights on 5 main street that will record drivers breaking speeding limits, al-Ayam daily reports.
In a special seminar on traffic lights in Bahrain, it was reported that there were a total of four traffic lights in 1975. In 1999 there were 151. The number of vehicles rose from 30,000 to 200,000. The most dangerous junction in Bahrain is al-Badee' - King Faisal where there were 40 accidents during 1997-99.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Cameras Catch 161 Drivers Running Red Lights in Dubai
- Beware of Bahrain's new blacklist! Employers hiring illegal workers to face new penalties under new policy
- F1 DRIVER JENSON BUTTON TO DRAW WINNER OF DURRAT AL BAHRAIN’S US$600,000 GRAND PRIZE
- Bahrain’s Real Estate sector shows shift in key demand drivers as small gains continue in most sectors
- More turbulence for Arabs: Surfers beware, internet crackdown on horizon