Dutch Prince Consort in Hospital
Prince Claus of the Netherlands, the husband of Queen Beatrix, was hospitalized Tuesday after a "general deterioration in his health", the Dutch royal information service (RVD) said in a statement Wednesday.
The 74-year old prince is under observation at the Amsterdam AMC hospital because his right kidney is not functioning properly. Last May Claus' left kidney was removed in a German hospital.
The prince has been having health problems for some time. In June 1998 he was treated for prostate cancer and he has a light case of Parkinson's disease, a neurological disorder -- THE HAGUE (AFP)
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Algerian Publisher Barzakh Editions to Receive Principal Prince Claus Award of EUR100,000
- Moroccan Prince attends memorial service for Dutch Queen Mother
- Lebanese PM recovers from procedure to remove kidney stones
- Dallah Hospital in Riyadh Celebrates Kidney-Stone Crushing Procedure
- Trigger-happy merry royal is Saudi loose canon: prince shoots young man dead