Egyptian Heart Surgeons Hold High Operational Success Rates
Egyptian heart surgeons boast a success rate of 97 to 100 percent.
Dr. Isma'il Salam, the Health Minister, explained that this rate was based on last year's data from the special heart operation centers that fall under the ministry's jurisdiction. The Minister conveyed to Al-Ahram Daily that in 1999, the heart centre in Al-Madinah Hospital received in 983,000 heart patients, and treated them with a success rate of 98%.
During a ceremony held for heart patients who underwent successful operations at the East Al-Madinah hospital, Dr. Salam announced that the special centres provided free-of-charge care for 82% of patients.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Egypt to Provide Free Heart Surgery for Sudanese, Yemenis and Palestinians
- Welcare and Emirates World Heart to Provide Cardiac Operations to Needy
- Health Care System Flaws and Lack of Private Insurance Contribute to Higher Deaths Among Black Heart Transplant Patients
- UAE Heart Patients Given New Lease of Life
- Study: New Robot for Heart Attack Victims Helps Speed Recovery