Egyptian Police to Get Hot Iftar Meals on the Job
Egyptian police guarding facilities or offering services during the holy month of Ramadan will no longer complain of the cold food they have for the iftar, or sunset fast-breaking meal, thanks to a program to offer them a healthy alternative.
Minister of Interior Habib Al Adli has ordered caterers to serve them meals in containers that can keep the cooked food hot for up to six hours.
According to the Cairo-based Al Ahram daily, the minister decided to order the meals after he meeting on a number of occasions with on-duty policemen, who complained about the low quality of their meals.
A source in the security department told Al Ahram that nutritionists have come up with the best diet for the policemen, making sure it is wholesome and healthy – Albawaba.com
- Emarat Gives Out Free Iftar Meals in its Service Stations
- du aims to serve 70,000 meals to those less fortunate this Ramadan
- NBK's Iftar banquets is witnessing impressive attendance by fasters during the early days of Ramadan
- gulf air to serve iftar meal onboard during ramadan
- RCS Allocates Dh3.1m for Ramadan Operations