Egyptian police shoot man attempting to enter Israel
Police in Egypt said they shot and wounded a man trying to climb over the border fence into Israel on Sunday.
They named him as Bedouin Moussa Eid, aged 25, from the Sinai area, who was taken to hospital at El Arish suffering from a wound in the thigh, saying they opened fire because he ignored warnings, AFP said. The police added that they did not know his motives.
Several Egyptians, male and female, have tried to enter the Gaza Strip to join the Palestinian uprising or Intifada, however cross-border smuggling is also common. (Albawaba.com)
- Egyptian Border Police shoot and injure Bedouin trying to enter Israel
- Egyptian police kill Sudanese woman trying to enter Israel
- Scores wounded in clashes between Egyptian police and Palestinian protesters
- Gun battle in Sinai: Egyptian police exchange fire with mystery attackers
- Egyptian police clash with Palestinian arms smugglers near Gaza border