Eight Civilians Hurt in Rocket Attack on Baghdad
Eight civilians were injured in rocket attacks on a residential area of the Iraqi capital late Monday, the official news agency INA said Tuesday, pinning the blame on Iran.
"Agents in the pay of the Iranian regime fired six remote-controlled missiles at homes in Baghdad, injuring eight civilians who have been hospitalized," it said.
The attack came the same night as a mortar strike in northern Tehran that injured six people and was claimed by an Iraq-based Iranian armed opposition group, the People's Mujahedeen – (AFP).
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Two US troops killed in Fallujah as Iraqi civilian killed in Baghdad attack
- Iraq Blames Iran for Rocket Attack on Baghdad
- Attack on Al Rasheed Hotel in Baghdad: Senior US officer killed, Wolfowitz survives
- Iraq: Three civilians die by U.S. fire as al Qaeda bomber kills eight
- Iraqi Opposition Group Claims Rocket Attack on Presidential Palace