Eight Palestinians injured in Gaza blast as Israel issues more construction tenders for settlements
Eight Palestinians were lightly to moderately injured Thursday in a blast near the central Gaza Strip town of Dir al-Balah, Palestinian medical sources said.
The explosion took place after an Israeli incursion in the same area, the sources added.
According to Palestinian security sources, Israeli soldiers demolished a house during the operation and razed ten dunams of Palestinian land.
Meanwhile, Israel's "Peace Now" movement claimed Thursday, that contrary to the Quartet's stance on the so-called "Road-Map" for peace, the construction of Jewish settlements in the occupied territories has been on the rise.
According to the Movement, in the past week, tenders have been issued for 530 housing units in the settlement of Beitar Elite, 11 units in the Ma'ale Edomim settlement and 24 units in the settlement of Ariel.
In addition, "Peace Now" claimed that in the last week, tenders for 605 housing units in the occupied territories were published, and added that since the beginning of the year – 1,394 tenders for housing units were published.
"The (Israeli) Housing Ministry continues to serve as a building contractor for the Settler's Council", members of the Movement said. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israel publishes 228 new housing tenders for West Bank settlements
- Two Palestinians shot dead in Gaza Strip as Israel publishes new tenders to expand West Bank settlements
- Israel issues tenders for construction of about 1,000 new housing units in West Bank settlements
- Group: Israel continues to build in settlements
- Israel Publishes Tenders for Constructing 700 Jewish Units