Etisalat added a new international alternative marine cable routes
Etisalat added a new international alternative marine cable routes over the last two days, which has significantly enhanced the Internet streaming services such as Youtube site access.
"After a sudden Sea-ME-We 4 cable breakdown in the Mediterranean Sea last week, Etisalat customers did not face major slowdowns in Internet browsing owing to its robust network with multiple redundant links to major global Internet hubs in Asia, Europe, and USA. Etisalat re-routed traffic to ensure that Internet services would remain operational in the UAE".
Etisalat also said that the international submarine cable will most likely be fixed by 27th April. As the ship will arrive at the location by 24th April to undertake repairs.
- E-Marine Selected To Deploy The East African Marine System (TEAMS)
- Etisalat, Iraq Telecom and STC come together for FOG2 submarine cable
- Internet service in the UAE affected due to International Submarine cable breakdown in the Mediterranean Sea
- Nawras successfully lands its first sea cable as part of the Tata Global Network-Gulf cable project
- France Telecom-Orange announces the start of operations of IMEWE, the new broadband submarine cable linking the Middle East to India and Europe