Former Iranian president: US wants to loot Iran's rich natural resources
Head of Assembly of Experts, Chairman of the Expediency Council and former Iranian president Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani said on Wednesday that a "hellish power" in the region is determined to loot Iran's rich natural resources by weakening the Islamic Republic of Iran.
According to Irna, Rafsanjani made the remarks in a meeting with a group of people from provincial cities of Saveh and Zarandieh in Markazi province.
"Those who created and brought up terrorist groups to confront the Islamic Revolution, rushed to suppress their own puppets and now they admit that terrorism have engulfed the entire region," he was quoted as saying.
Given the goals behind the US masterminded greater Middle East plan, he said the plot was to bolster Israel and weaken Iran but this was to no avail, Rafsanjani said. "Devoted Iranian people are the bastion in the campaign against enemies and it is the duty of the officials to be at their services by all means," Rafsanjani stated.
- Former Iranian president slams Rumsfeld
- Former Iran president: US created al Qaeda to encounter ''Iranian system''
- Iran burning $7billion to lead World's 'gas club'
- Formar Iranian president slams U.S. policy, says armed forces ready to resist any threat
- From Lebanon to Iran, with hope: a dead statesman's open letter to Tehran....