Gaza death toll hits over 1,820 on day 28 of Israeli offensive
Israel declared a seven-hour ceasefire on Monday after worldwide outrage of another UN school bombing in Gaza (File/AFP)
Click here to add Gaza as an alert
Disable alert for Gaza,
Click here to add Hamas as an alert
Disable alert for Hamas,
Click here to add Israeli military as an alert
Disable alert for Israeli military,
Click here to add Jabalia as an alert
Disable alert for Jabalia,
Click here to add Rafah as an alert
Disable alert for Rafah,
Click here to add Sami Abu Zuhri as an alert
Disable alert for Sami Abu Zuhri,
Click here to add Tel Aviv as an alert
Disable alert for Tel Aviv
Israel has continued to pound the Gaza Strip for the 28th consecutive day, having killed more than 1,822 Palestinians, including 400 children.
On Monday, Israeli forces targeted two mosques in and around the Gaza City, killing at least one Palestinian. Two others were also killed in separate attacks in the city.
In the southern city of Rafah, a child was killed and four others injured in another Israeli attack. At least 12 more people also lost their lives in the northern city of Jabalia.
Israel has been targeting the Gaza Strip with military attacks since July 8. Apart from the fatalities, the air, sea and land strikes by Israel have so far injured 9,400 people.
Palestinian resistance fighters continue their rocket attacks against Israeli cities in retaliation for Tel Aviv’s relentless onslaught on the blockaded Gaza Strip.
Israel has hit 4,686 sites in the blockaded enclave since the conflict began, while, according to the Israeli military, Palestinian fighters fired more than 3,000 rockets into Israel, some 550 of which were intercepted by the Iron Dome system.
The Israeli military says three Israeli civilians and 64 soldiers have been killed in the conflict, but the Palestinian resistance movement Hamas puts the fatalities at more than 150.
On Monday, Israel announced it would stop its operations in Gaza for seven hours, starting from 0700GMT to 1400 GMT Monday amid the increasing global condemnation of Tel Aviv’s deadly attacks on Palestinians.
Hamas spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri said, however, that the “unilateral ceasefire announced by Israel is an attempt to divert attention from Israeli massacres.”