Gaza Strip: 12 Palestinians killed as Israel continues major offensive
At least 12 Palestinians were killed Friday during the continuing Israeli attack on nortern Gaza Strip as occupation troops took control of a nine-kilometer stretch in the area.
Massive Israeli forces advanced into northern Gaza Strip and some 90 tanks and armored vehicles were reported entering the Strip late Thursday night hours after the Israeli cabinet unanimously approved plans for a major ground offensive.
The Israeli army reported that it fired a missile from a helicopter at three suspected Hamas fightera in the Jabalia refugee camp trying to launch a Qassam rocket into Israeli territory.
The missile killed two people who were riding on a motorcycle, Palestinian sources said. Others were reported wounded.
Meanwhile, Israeli forces raided a Palestinian police position near the Erez checkpoint, arresting seven Palestinians. One of the Palestinians was later shot dead.
The Palestinians also reported that two people were killed and at least three were injured by Israeli tank fire in Jabalia. (albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Gaza Strip: Seven Palestinians dead as Israel expands offensive
- Over a dozen killed as Israel continues targeting Gaza homes
- Gaza Strip: At least nine dead as Hamas takes control on major areas
- Gaza death toll hits over 1,820 on day 28 of Israeli offensive
- 18 Palestinians killed in Gaza on Wednesday morning, death toll over 600