Gaza Strip: 12 Palestinians killed as Israel continues major offensive
At least 12 Palestinians were killed Friday during the continuing Israeli attack on nortern Gaza Strip as occupation troops took control of a nine-kilometer stretch in the area.
Massive Israeli forces advanced into northern Gaza Strip and some 90 tanks and armored vehicles were reported entering the Strip late Thursday night hours after the Israeli cabinet unanimously approved plans for a major ground offensive.
The Israeli army reported that it fired a missile from a helicopter at three suspected Hamas fightera in the Jabalia refugee camp trying to launch a Qassam rocket into Israeli territory.
The missile killed two people who were riding on a motorcycle, Palestinian sources said. Others were reported wounded.
Meanwhile, Israeli forces raided a Palestinian police position near the Erez checkpoint, arresting seven Palestinians. One of the Palestinians was later shot dead.
The Palestinians also reported that two people were killed and at least three were injured by Israeli tank fire in Jabalia. (albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Gaza Strip: At least 14 Palestinians, including two Hamas men, killed in another day of Israeli aggression
- Three Palestinian fighters shot dead in Gaza Strip as Israeli forces raid Nablus
- Israeli missile attacks kill five Palestinians in Gaza Strip
- Eight Palestinians die in Gaza Strip; Death toll over 100 in one week
- Three Palestinians killed, boy injured by Israeli forces in Gaza Strip