Gaza Strip: Israeli fire kills Palestinian activist
Continuing its military offensive against Gaza Strip, Israeli forces bombed early Sunday al-Shijaeya neighborhood, eastern Gaza city, killing a Palestinian and wounding dozens. Israli forces also attacked Jabalya refugee camp in the northern Gaza Strip.
Witnesses conveyed that a Palestinian was killed and dozens were wounded when Israeli aircraft fired three missiles against Palestinians in al-Nizar street in al-Shijaeya neighborhood. Medics confirmed that Mahmoud al-Rabey, 35, was killed. Palestinian sources said he was a member of the Popular Resistance Committees. The strike came hours after the group said it fired a barrage of rockets into Israel.
al-Rabey's body was burnt and shattered to pieces, WAFA reported. Dozens were wounded, one critically.
Earlier, a second Israeli raid targeted the Jabalya refugee camp when a number of Israeli warplanes fired two missiles against a group of Palestinians in the northern part of the camp.
On Saturday, Gaza activists fired 26 mortar shells and seven rockets into Israel, the Israeli military said.
- Palestinian death toll climbs to 118 as popular protests held in West Bank
- Three Palestinians killed in Israeli strike
- Israeli military raids northern Gaza Strip as 12 Palestinians nabbed in West Bank
- Gaza Strip: Israeli fire kills two Palestinian children
- Israeli troops ”end” Gaza raid as Palestinians fire Qassam rockets on Israeli town