Gaza Strip: Israeli troops kill four Palestinians
Israeli troops early Saturday four three armed Palestinians who were attempting to plant an explosive device along the Gaza Strip security fence, Israeli sources reported. Palestinian sources said all the four were Hamas members.
Last week, Israeli troops killed nine Palestinians, including two children. That weekend violence was the worst in months.
On Friday, Palestinian security forces and armed Palestinians exchanged fire at a border crossing in southern Gaza Strip and one security officer died, witnesses and hospital officials said.
The fighting started after a Palestinian man, who tried to force his way through the Rafah border crossing between the Gaza Strip and Egypt, began firing at Palestinian policemen guarding the crossing, witnesses and security sources told Reuters.
One Palestinian security officer was killed and three others, including a civilian, were wounded in the clash, hospital officials said.
- Israeli missiles kill at least four in Gaza Strip; Four Palestinians, Israeli officer killed in other incidents
- Israeli troops kill four Palestinians
- Israeli troops kill four Palestinians in new Gaza Strip aggression
- Hamas Member, Four Palestinian Policemen Killed by Israeli Troops in West Bank, Gaza Strip
- Israeli troops kill four Palestinians in Gaza Strip as Qurei hopes to meet Sharon soon