Gaza Strip: At least eight Palestinians killed by Israeli fire
Israel killed four Palestinian activists in an air strike in the Gaza Strip on Wednesday. Palestinian officials said fire from an Israeli ground force struck a house in the town of Beit Hanoun in northern Gaza and killed four civilians in a separate incident.
According to Reuters, locals and morgue officials identified the dead from the missile strike in Gaza City as members of Army of Islam.
An Israeli military spokeswoman confirmed there had been an attack by the air force but had no word on its target.
Israel had sent an armoured force into northern Gaza in response to rocket attacks. Locals described it as the deepest incursion since Hamas took control in June.
- Gaza Strip: At least eight Hamas members killed in Israeli strikes
- Israeli strike kills at least eight Palestinians in Gaza Strip
- At least eight Palestinians killed, 40 injured by Israeli fire in southern Gaza Strip
- Gaza Strip: At least eight Hamas members killed by Israeli fire
- Eight Palestinians killed by Israeli tank fire in Gaza Strip