Gaza Strip: At least seven dead as Israel attacks Hamas office
Israeli aircraft fired missiles Wednesday into a Hamas operations headquarters in the southern Gaza area of Rafah, and Palestinian sources said at least seven were killed and 13 were wounded as a result of the attack.
According to Israeli sources, some 30 home-made rockets have rocked the western Negev since Tuesday. No new injuries were reported Wednesday, when as many as eight Qassam rockets hit the Negev. One of the rockets struck a house next to the Sderot home of Israel's Defense Minister Amir Peretz, who was away in the north at the time.
"I can confirm that the IAF [Israel Air Force] fired from the air in southern part of the strip," an Israeli spokeswoman said, according to Haaretz.
- 59 dead in Gaza assault, rockets as far as Haifa
- Gaza Strip: Palestinian groups hold remains of dead Israeli soldiers; Seven Palestinians killed
- Gaza Strip: Israel kills at least seven Palestinians
- Palestinian attack in northern Gaza Strip: Two Israeli soldiers shot dead, at least one Palestinian killed
- Israeli missiles kill at least four in Gaza Strip; Four Palestinians, Israeli officer killed in other incidents