Gaza Strip: Six Islamic Jihad members killed in Israeli raid
Al-Quds Brigades, the armed wing of the Islamic Jihad, on Saturday lost six of its fighters in an Israeli raid on the Gaza Strip. Among the dead was a field commander, who was killed during the raid on a training site in Rafah, southern Gaza Strip. He was identified as Ahmad Sheikh Khalil.
For its part, al Quds Brigades vowed to respond "within hours" to the killing of its members. Abu Ahmed, a spokesman for Al-Quds Brigades, conveyed: "The answer is coming in a few hours or days for the crime of targeting our people."
Israel claimed the raid came in response to Khalil's orders to launch rockets towards south of the country.
- Islamic Jihad member killed, two Israeli soldiers wounded in West Bank raid as Israeli Air Force targets Gaza Strip
- Israeli raid in southern Gaza Strip kills six Palestinians
- Islamic Jihad fighter killed in Gaza Strip
- Gaza Strip: Three Islamic Jihad members killed by Israeli fire
- Israel kills 10 Islamic Jihad members in Gaza Strip and West Bank