GLLC Delegation of Leading Latin American Financiers and Businessmen Visits DIFC to Explore New Business Opportunities
– A delegation of leading Latin American financiers and businessmen today visited the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) to explore new business complementarities and ties between Latin America and the GCC region.
The visit was organised by The Gulf Latin America Leaders Council (GLLC) as part of a broader tour of the Middle East to identify business and investment opportunities, facilitate greater understanding and exchange of knowledge in order to Bridge the Gap between the UAE and Latin America.
The 25-strong delegation was led by Lord Daniel Brennan QC, Senior Member, Matrix Chambers London, and Vice Chairman of GLLC, Mr. Salvador Said, Executive Director of Said Group, & Co Chairman of GLLC and Enrique Garcia, President and CEO of Corporacion Andina de Fomento (CAF), a multilateral financial institution that mobilises resources from international markets to Latin America. The delegation included representatives from the world of finance, law, mining, construction, infrastructure, the arts, retail, consultancy and the media.
Marwan Lutfi, Deputy CEO and Head of Business Development, DIFC Authority said: “As two of the world’s major emerging markets, Latin America and the GCC region have much to gain from deeper economic ties. With the global economy going through a major transformation and emerging markets beginning to drive global economic growth, both regions have an opportunity to redefine and enhance their existing relationship. Some of the most promising opportunities for economic and business cooperation lie in the area of financial services and capital markets. The visit of leading Latin American financiers and businessmen to DIFC is the start to potential linkages between the two markets.”
Daniel Melham, President and Founder of the GLLC said: “This is the first time such a high-level delegation of leading Latin American businessmen has visited the UAE. We are keen to advance economic and business links between the GCC and the Latin American region and explore new synergies emerging from their increasing prominence in the global economy. We are excited at the opportunity to cultivate new productive relationships between the Middle East and Latin America”.
The Gulf Latin America Leaders Council was founded in 2009 as a non-profit, non-political organization to provide advice to the public and private sector on economic development, investment opportunities and business linkages between the GCC and Latin America and is represented in the Middle East by René Beil, Managing Director GCC of the Gulf Latin America Leaders Council.
- Leading Latin American Issuers Coming to Abu Dhabi to Meet with Investors
- NBAD Sponsors Latin America Mid-East Investors Forum
- Chairman of National Bank of Abu Dhabi Confirmed as Keynote Speaker for 2nd Latin America Mid-East Investors Forum
- News Announcement from DIFC based Invesco Asset Management
- Delegation of American Chamber of Commerce Executives (ACCE) Visit the Dubai International Financial Centre