Gunman attacks Israeli military outpost on Syrian border
A gunman who infiltrated into the occupied Golan Heights from Syria was captured Friday morning after a shootout with Israeli troops, Israeli sources said. According to press reports, an armed man penetrated the border fence and opened fired on an occupation outpost. Israeli troops fired at him twice before taking him into custody for questioning, the sources said. No casualties were reported in the incident.
The last incident between occupation soldiers and Syrians on the Golan Heights took place in January 2003, when a Syrian soldier was shot dead by Israeli fire on southern Golan Heights border. Another Syrian soldier was detained by Israeli troops in the incident.
- 22 demonstrators shot dead on Syrian -Israeli border
- Shooting Attack on Israeli Outpost in Occupied Shebaa Farms; No Casualties Reported
- Israel searches for possible infiltrators in occupied Golan Heights
- Israeli forces kill Syrian, Damascus considers incident as violation of cease-fire agreement
- Syrian rebels seize border crossing near Israeli Golan Heights