Gunman attacks Israeli military outpost on Syrian border
A gunman who infiltrated into the occupied Golan Heights from Syria was captured Friday morning after a shootout with Israeli troops, Israeli sources said. According to press reports, an armed man penetrated the border fence and opened fired on an occupation outpost. Israeli troops fired at him twice before taking him into custody for questioning, the sources said. No casualties were reported in the incident.
The last incident between occupation soldiers and Syrians on the Golan Heights took place in January 2003, when a Syrian soldier was shot dead by Israeli fire on southern Golan Heights border. Another Syrian soldier was detained by Israeli troops in the incident.
- Israeli Outpost Attacked on the Lebanese Border: Israeli Daily: Hizbullah, Backed by Syria, Plans Major Attack
- Hizbullah Launches Further Attacks Against Israeli Outposts
- Shooting Attack on Israeli Outpost in Occupied Shebaa Farms; No Casualties Reported
- Border fire leaves teen dead in Golan Heights
- Hizbullah fires on Israeli outposts