Hamas fires rockets at Israeli targets
Hamas gunners on Tuesday fired rockets and mortar shells toward Israel, causing no damage or injuries, but claiming the cease-fire along the Gaza Strip border has ended.
Hamas said it fired the rockets in retaliation for Israeli army operations in which nine Palestinians were killed during the weekend. At least two civilians were killed in these Israeli raids.
Hamas fighters claimed they launched 40 rockets and 70 mortar shells.
An Israeli spokesman said six mortar shells fired from the Gaza Strip early Tuesday had landed in Israel. The army also confirmed seven attempts to fire Qassam rockets at Israel, but that only two rockets had landed in Israeli territory.
- Israel's secret Hasbara handbook exposed: advice on how to influence the media and public opinion
- Israel bombs 20 targets in Gaza as Hamas responds with rocket fire
- Gaza Strip: Israel bombs targets as Palestinian rockets fired by Islamic Jihad
- Israeli tanks fire into Gaza Strip
- Israel Assassinates Senior Aide of Tanzim Leader Barghouti; Hamas Rockets Hit Israeli Town; Air Raids on PA Targets