Hamas Politburo Chief Leaves Yemen
Head of the Politburo of the Palestinian Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas), Khalid Mishaal and the accompanying delegation left Sana'a on Sunday after a 7-day visit to Yemen, Yemen's official news agency (Sana) reported the same day.
During his visit Mishaal met with several senior officials in the government and the General People's Congress and discussed with them the developments in Palestine.
Mishaal is now based in Damascus after he and three of his colleagues were deported from Jordan in 1999, on allegations of forming illegal organization, with links to foreign powers.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Hamas Politburo Chief: the Intifada Might Use Weapons at a Later Stage
- Report: Nasrallah invited to Turkey
- Senior Hamas leader flees Damascus and returns to Gaza
- Organization of Islamic Capitals & Cities chief visits Yemen
- Cairo talks called off; Abu Marzuq: Hamas absence leaves Palestinian dialogue meaningless