Hariri son hails UN report
Lebanese MP Saad has praised the UN report that implicated Lebanese and Syrian officials in his father's slaying and called for the case to be taken to a international court. "We call for taking (the case) to an international tribunal capable of punishing the criminal culprits," said the son of Rafiq Hariri, according to AFP.
He said the report was the first step for uncovering the truth, adding that the it must be uncovered to allow Lebanese people to be living in security and for the country to regain stability.
Hariri conveyed that to achieve justice, the international community must take on additional responsibilities that would allow investigations to continue and to refer criminals to an international court. "Protecting results of the international investigation is as much a Lebanese national responsibility as it is an Arab and international one, and under no circumstance can it be given up," he noted.
- Hariri probe: Annan thanks Assad for Syrian cooperation
- Lebanon marks 2nd anniversary of Hariri assassination with harsh criticism against Syria, Hizbullah
- Syria rejects UN report on Hariri slaying
- The Lebanese electricity plan.. will it be put into action?
- Suspect released in Hariri murder investigation, US may expand sanctions on Syria