Hariri son hails UN report
Lebanese MP Saad has praised the UN report that implicated Lebanese and Syrian officials in his father's slaying and called for the case to be taken to a international court. "We call for taking (the case) to an international tribunal capable of punishing the criminal culprits," said the son of Rafiq Hariri, according to AFP.
He said the report was the first step for uncovering the truth, adding that the it must be uncovered to allow Lebanese people to be living in security and for the country to regain stability.
Hariri conveyed that to achieve justice, the international community must take on additional responsibilities that would allow investigations to continue and to refer criminals to an international court. "Protecting results of the international investigation is as much a Lebanese national responsibility as it is an Arab and international one, and under no circumstance can it be given up," he noted.
- Report: Hariri ready to give up U.N.-backed Special Tribunal for Lebanon
- International court to try suspects in Hariri murder comes into force
- Lebanon agrees to international probe into Hariri killing
- Former Lebanese army general who called to topple Hariri government returns to Beirut
- Hariri assassination: Syria vows to cooperate with UN investigation committee