Hussein Fahmy Denies Scheming His Revenge on Faten Hamama
Scorned Egyptian actor Hussein Fahmy has been accused of using his power as the chairman of the Cairo Film Festival, to avenge himself against legendary Egyptian actress Faten Hamama.
The actor, who lost a role after Hamama refused to star with him in her latest TV series, Wajh El Qamar, may take the actresses picture out of the Cairo Film Festival’s poster, said the daily newspaper ‘Al Sharq Al Awsat’.
Hamama had asked that older actor Ahmad Ramzi to replace Fahmy, who had already signed up for the series.
The actress was given her wish, and Fahmy, who had already bought the necessary clothing for the role, was asked to step down.
Hamama’s argument was that the combination of herself and Fahmy as a married couple would make the series the laughing stock of the Ramadan lineup.
Meanwhile, according to the London-based ‘Al Sharq Al Awsat,’ Fahmy denied the allegations saying that his decision, if implemented, would be strictly professional.
Furthermore, the actor said that although the final verdict rests in his hands, the yet-to-be implemented move would be discussed with all of those concerned.
The festival’s theme this year ‘Romance’. Ironically, Hamama, has been continuously recognized as the pillar of romance in Egyptian cinema - Albawaba.com.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Miriam Fakher Eddine Ignites Rumors On Ahmad Math’har
- Hussein Fahmy was on the verge of omitting Faten Hamama’s picture from the Cairo Film Festival poster… Why?
- Hussein Fahmi to make peace with cinema
- Hussein Fahmi reveals the facts behind his quarrels with Adel Imam, Nabila Obeid and Faten Hamama
- Hussein Fahmi becomes a lawyer and a businessman at the same time