If You Love Your Teeth, Don't Smoke Shisha
Besides causing cancer, one of the Arab world's favorite pastimes - shisha smoking - can deform teeth, according to dental experts at Al Jazirah Hospital in Abu Dhabi.
In a report that appeared in Gulf News daily, Dr. Badr Al Hashemy said, "Those who smoke the shisha or tobacco pipes tend to put pressure on their teeth. This pressure leads to attrition of the teeth."
Thus, those who smoke regularly using the same part of the mouth risk rearranging and discoloring their teeth.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Milky Teeth Kindergarten and nursery hosts media representatives
- Hooked on hookah: Shisha "more addictive than cocaine"
- Bubbly, but deadly: Experts say shisha is far more harmful than cigarettes
- Love is in large 'supply' this Feb as Australian crooners hit Dubai
- Syrian teen and British youth face firing squad in UAE for drug dealing