Indonesian Police Make New Changes to Rank Titles
The Indonesian police on Tuesday announced new rank titles for the force, a report said.
A circular from national police headquarters made public during a promotion ceremony at Jakarta Police headquarters said the new rank titles were effective January 1, 2001, the state Antara news agency said.
The new titles are the second since the police were separated from the military in 1999 as a part of the post-Suharto reform movement.
The police are currently under the temporary remit of the defense ministry before being placed under presidential control at an unspecified future date -- JAKARTA (AFP)
- Militant leader arrested by Indonesia; Explosion at Jakarta Police Headquarters
- Suhartos Son Quizzed by Police For Two Hours Over Bombings
- Suspected Killer of UN Soldier in East Timor Surrenders
- Fugitive Son of Indonesian Ex-President to Surrender in His Own Time
- Troops Surround Defiant Indonesian Police Chief's Homes