The International Women calles for guaranteeing the rights of the Iraqi Women
Click here to add AMMAN as an alert
Disable alert for AMMAN,
Click here to add Iraqi government as an alert
Disable alert for Iraqi government,
Click here to add Jordan News Agency as an alert
Disable alert for Jordan News Agency,
Click here to add United Nations as an alert
Disable alert for United Nations
The Iraqi women, who took part in the conference, which was also attended by representatives of the Iraqi government, members of the Iraqi legislative Council in addition to working women from Jordan, Palestine and Lebanon, called for including human rights and public freedoms in the constitution as well as giving women equal rights and opportunities.
Advisor to the Iraqi Minister of State for Women Affairs Salma Gabo stressed to Jordan News Agency the importance of returning to the Civil Status Law no.188 for the year 1959. "Women organizations have previously made their comments on the draft constitution," she added, noting that the draft does not give much attention to women issues.
The conference was organized by the Spanish non-governmental organization "Movement for peace, disarmament and Freedom in cooperation with a UN fund and Oxfam.
- His Majesty King Abdullah II rewards human rights defender Rana Husseini with Al Hussein Decoration Medal
- Iraqi women demand equality
- This International Women’s Day, separate Islam and culture when it comes to rights
- Iran: Three women’s rights defenders remain in detention
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night