Senior Iranian Revolutionary Guard dies under mysterious circumstances - reports
One of the top commanders in Iran's Revolutionary Guard has been killed in Lebanon, according to an Iranian independent website, AP reported on Thursday.
Iran has strong ties to miliitant group, Hezbollah, as both subscribe to the Shia sect. Iran and Hezbollah are also known to support the Syrian regime, through political and military means.
Gen. Shateri's funeral will be held on Thursday but so far no other details surrounding his death have been revealed.
- Kuwait: Anti-Hezbollah protests erupt as supermarkets boycott Iran goods
- Iran's Top Rocket Man Dies Mysteriously, Family Accuses Revolutionary Guards
- Iran: 60 including senior Revolutionary Guards officers killed in attack
- Iranian Revolutionary Guard killed
- Iranian Senior Official: Revolutionary Guards to Destroy Oil Fields in Arab Gulf Region in Case of U.S. Attack on Tehran