Iran Denies it Approves US Military Attack on Afghanistan
An official at the Iranian foreign ministry on Tuesday strongly denied a report that the Islamic republic will support a US military strike on Afghanistan, reported the official Iranian news agency (IRNA).
The Canadian daily, The National Post, had reported that Iran, via Canada, sent a message to the US government saying it would not oppose targeted military strikes against those believed to be responsible for last week's terrorist attacks in the United States.
Canadian Foreign Minister John Manley has also denied the report, said IRNA.
US officials have said that Saudi dissident Osama bin Laden is the prime suspect in last week's terrorist attacks in the US – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iran Denies Cancellation of Cosmetics Exhibition
- Jordan denies press reports about U.S. military presence as part of preparations for attack on Iraq
- Iran, Egypt Voice Opposition to Military Attacks on Afghanistan
- Iran Says US Military Strikes in Afghanistan '\'Unacceptable'\'
- Taliban Unbowed as UN Approves Tough Anti-Terror Resolution