Iran Dismisses Claims of Iraqi Oil Smuggling via Kish Island
Iran dismissed on Sunday a report, published by the Los Angeles Times saying that Iraq is smuggling oil through Kish Island, reported Iran News Agency (IRNA).
A spokesman for Kish free trade zone said security officials on the island had intercepted a single tanker smuggling Iraqi oil on March 29th and referred the matter to the justice department, said the agency.
The justice department in turn ordered the Island officials to confiscate the tanker and an investigation is underway.
He said Kish Island officials provided videotape and 15 photos of the tanker, which violated Iranian territorial waters, said IRNA - Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iran Reported to have Impounded Iraqi Oil Tankers for Smuggling
- Report: Arms Loaded to Karine A on Iran’s Kish Island; Head of PA’s Arms Procurement Department Arranged the Deal
- Iran rejects 'free oil' claims
- Smuggling or deserved autonomy? Kurdistan's second route for crude via Iran
- U.N. Sanctions Remain Against IRAQ; Oil Exports Allowed