Iran welcomes Hizbullah-Israel deal
Iran's Foreign Minister Kamal Kharrazi on Monday welcomed the agreement reached between Hizbullah and israel through German mediation on release of Palestinian and Arab prisoners from Israeli jails.
He said the release of 435 prisoners from Palestine, Lebanon and other Arab states is a great victory for the resistance movement and the Lebanese people and government.
According to IRNA, he further pointed out that most of the detained persons were arrested either on charges of resisting occupation of their lands in Lebanon or Palestine and then convicted to long-term prisons by Israel or were illegally kidnapped from their homelands.
Kharrazi believed their release was a great achievement for Palestinians, Lebanese and all Islamic nations.
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iran, Syria hail Hizbullah swap deal
- Report: Negotiations renewed between Israel and Hizbullah on release of prisoners
- Iran FM praises Hizbullah over swap deal; hopes fate of four missing Iranian diplomats to be determined soon
- Iran: Lebanon has legitimate right to liberate own territories
- Nasrallah: Sharon rejects new offer for prisoner swap deal