Iranian cleric says US, Israel behind mosque blast
Tehran’s Substitute Friday Prayers Leader Ayatollah Ahmad Khatami said clues of the involvement of the US and Israel in Thursday's bombing of a mosque in Zahedan were discernable. Talking to a large congregation gathered at Tehran University campus for Friday prayers, the Ayatollah condemned the blast at a mosque in the city of Zahedan in southeastern province of Sistan-Baluchestan Thursday evening, which killed 25 and injured 125 others.
According to IRNA, he said the powerful Islamic establishment in Iran will surely identify the elements behind the terrorist act and punish them.
Turning to international politics, the Ayatollah slammed the US interference in the internal affairs of Lebanon, especially in its upcoming parliamentary elections, and said the people of Lebanon are the ones to choose their preferred persons for the parliament.
- Iranian leader believes Israel and US stand behind Iraq mosque blast
- Cleric says US, Israel behind Iran killings
- Iranian cleric slams Arabs for negotiating with Israel
- Israel's Mossad behind killing of Iranian nuclear scientist, says news agency
- Iran says Israel, US agents behind killing of nuclear scientist