Iranian election 2009: Rafsanjani says everyone must accept results
Iran's 10th presidential election is among the most decisive elections of the country, said former president Ali Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani after casting his vote. Quoted by ISNA, he said the election must be "clean" in order that everyone will accept its results.
The election can promote the country's influence in the region and international formulas, he said.
Rafsanjani lost the previous elections held in 2005 to incumbent President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
- Iran’s Rafsanjani sees ‘bitterness’ but ‘no power struggle’
- Daughter of former Iranian president jailed
- Iran elections just got interesting: Rouhani endorsed by ex-President
- Former Iran president calls to avoid any kind of extremism
- Iran: Former president, Tehran's Mayor head for presidential run-off race amid claims of forgery