Iranian National Security Council Secretary to meet chief of UN nuclear agency
Iranian National Security Council Secretary Hasan Rohani is planned to meet the chief of the UN nuclear agency on Saturday in Vienna, just days before the watchdog publishes a crucial report on Tehran's nuclear programme, officials said Thursday.
A spokesman for the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) said Rohani, who is in charge of nuclear issues for the Islamic Republic, would hand IAEA chief, Mohamed Elbaradei, a letter on Iran's nuclear program.
The United States accuses Tehran of secretly working to manufacture highly enriched uranium, which can be used to make atomic bombs. Tehran has denied these claims.
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iran prepares for nuclear talks, chief negotiator to meet with UN chemical watchdog
- Security Council members meet for emergency meeting in London over Iran nuclear program
- IAEA chief: Iran in defiance of U.N. Security Council
- International Atomic Energy Agency chief to visit Iran next week
- Iran and UN Security Council begin second day of nuclear talks