Iranian National Security Council Secretary to meet chief of UN nuclear agency
Iranian National Security Council Secretary Hasan Rohani is planned to meet the chief of the UN nuclear agency on Saturday in Vienna, just days before the watchdog publishes a crucial report on Tehran's nuclear programme, officials said Thursday.
A spokesman for the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) said Rohani, who is in charge of nuclear issues for the Islamic Republic, would hand IAEA chief, Mohamed Elbaradei, a letter on Iran's nuclear program.
The United States accuses Tehran of secretly working to manufacture highly enriched uranium, which can be used to make atomic bombs. Tehran has denied these claims.
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- IAEA report: Plutonium and enriched uranium traces found in Iranian nuclear waste facility
- ElBaradei: Iran submitted nuclear report to IAEA
- Nuclear watchdog chief: Inspections in Iran to be ''decisive''
- International Atomic Energy Agency chief to visit Iran next week
- UN nuclear chief to visit Iran earlier than planned