Iraq: Three policemen, girl killed in blasts
Three policemen and a young girl died in bombings across Iraq on Thursday, security officials said. A car bomb targeting a police patrol near the city of Baquba, about 60 kilometres north of Baghdad, killed two policemen and injured six, they said.
According to AFP, the defence ministry said that on Tuesday the Iraqi army uncovered dozens of houses which had been booby-trapped with explosives by Al-Qaeda jihadists in the same area.
Also near Baquba, a bomb hidden in a field killed a 10-year-old girl, a security official said.
In Baghdad, meanwhile, a policemen was killed and five were injured when a car bomb hit their patrol on Thursday, an official said.
- Iraq: US diplomat survives blast as six Iraqis killed
- Yemen: Three policemen killed in blast
- Three US soldiers killed in Iraq, blast near Baghdad police station kills one person
- At least three killed in Iraq blast; Scores of bodies found
- Iraq: At least 11 killed in blast as PM sacks Sunni official over rape row