Islamic Jihad member killed, two Israeli soldiers wounded in West Bank raid as Israeli Air Force targets Gaza Strip
An Islamic Jihad member was killed on Tuesday by Israeli troops in the town of Nablus in the West Bank. Two Israeli soldiers were also wounded in a firefight during the Nablus raids.
Israeli troops, according to <i>Reuters</i>, surrounded the home of a wanted Palestinian and demanded that he exit his home.
In the Gaza Strip, an aerial attack targeted a bridge near the northern town of Beit Hanun, as well as six roads used to transport Qassam rockets to launch sites to be fired at Israel, according to <i>Ynet</i>.
Israeli radio reported on Tuesday that unidentified masked men had hurled stones as Palestinian children near the West Bank town of Hebron. The condition of the children is not known.
Overnight Monday, two members of the armed wing of Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas' Fatah party, the Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, were killed in an Israeli air strike on the Gaza Strip.
The violence follows yet another bloody weekend as five Palestinians were killed by Israeli air strikes in the Gaza Strip, and an Israeli woman died following a stabbing spree by a Palestinian in the central Israel town of Petah Tikva.
- Israeli forces kill Palestinian woman in West Bank
- Israel kills 10 Islamic Jihad members in Gaza Strip and West Bank
- Gaza Strip: Israeli soldier killed, two Palestinians wounded
- Israeli Air Force targets building in Gaza Strip, Israeli soldier shot in West Bank
- Palestinian teenager killed by Israeli fire in W. Bank, Islamic Jihad member dies of wounds