Israel assassinates Fatah activist, Hamas bombs Israeli town
An activist from the al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade was assassinated Wednesday afternoon in Jenin when the car in which he was traveling exploded. Three others were wounded in the blast. Palestinian sources claimed that the activist, Shahar Zakarane, was the target of an Israeli assassination operation.
In apparent retaliation for the latest Israeli raid on Gaza Strip, four home-made Qassam rockets were fired at the Israeli town of Sderot. One of the rockets landed in a factory, lightly injuring a 43-year-old Israeli. Several other residents also suffered from shock.
The rocket attack, apparently from the Beit Hanoun area in the Gaza Strip, was the first in several weeks, following a crackdown by the Palestinian security apparatus in Gaza Strip on Qassam attacks against Israel. (Albawaba.com)
- After failing to assassinate Hamas leader, Israel kills three Palestinian civilians in Gaza Strip
- Israeli killed, DM security guard wounded in Palestinian rocket attack
- Israeli troops ”end” Gaza raid as Palestinians fire Qassam rockets on Israeli town
- Palestinian shot dead in Gaza Strip as Qassam rockets fired on southern Israel
- Massive Israeli operation in Gaza Strip seems imminent after Hamas launches upgraded rockets