Israel defense minister delays US visit
Israel's defense minister postponed a visit to Washington intended to reach agreement on future Israeli arms sales to China and other countries, defense
officials said Sunday, citing a surge in regional violence as the reason for the change in schedule.
Defense Minister Saul Mofaz was to fly to the U.S. on Saturday. He will probably travel later this week due to escalating Gaza Strip violence and a suicide attack last week in Netanya that killed five Israelis, the officials said, speaking on condition of anonymity.
- Israel gets ready for massive raid on Gaza Strip as Rice expected to visit
- West Bank and Gaza Strip under total closure
- Israel's Defense Minister orders to stop destruction of synagogues in Gaza Strip
- Defense Minister: Israel ready to withdraw troops ahead of planned pull out
- Palestinians: Israeli troops injure seven Palestinians in Gaza Strip as Israeli Defense Minister postpones US trip