Israel Demolishes 10 Palestinian Houses North of Occupied Jerusalem
Israeli government inspectors and workers, backed by police, began demolishing 10 Palestinian-owned houses in Shuafat refugee camp north of occupied Jerusalem on Monday, Army Radio reported, cited by Haaretz newspaper.
Officials claimed that the houses were built without permits.
There were no initial reports of unrest tied to the demolitions, said the radio report.
As part of a policy of collective punishment, the Israeli army has demolished dozens of homes during the nine-month Palestinian uprising against 34 years of military occupation - Albawaba.com
- Three Palestinian Women Hurt While Resisting Demolition of Houses
- Rafah: More than 110 houses demolished, Israel vows to continue destruction
- Israeli police evict Palestinian families from their houses
- Israeli Police Destroy Palestinian Home in East Jerusalem
- Israeli Ambassador to Canada Criticizes Bulldozing of Palestinian Homes