Israel goes on spree of Hamas arrests in the West Bank
Hamas officials said Israeli forces arrested 23 members of the Palestinian militant group in the West Bank on Monday, Reuters reported.
A statement released by the group said those arrested in overnight raids all over the occupied West Bank included three members of the Palestinian parliament: Ahmed Attoun, Hatem Qafisha and Mohammed al-Talhad, as well as several local Hamas leaders.
"We in the Hamas movement strongly condemn the campaign of arbitrary arrests that took in dozens of Hamas leaders," the statement said.
An Israeli military spokeswoman confirmed the 23 arrests but would not provide any of the mens' names or say why they had been detained, Reuters reported.
- Israel Arrests Four Alleged Hamas Activists in West Bank
- Israel detains 117 Hamas members in West Bank raids
- Israeli forces raid Bethlehem and detain Palestinian lawmakers, Hamas leaders
- Palestinian boy killed in West Bank as Israeli forces continue raids
- Palstinian killed in West Bank as Hamas arrests Fatah men in Gaza Strip