Israel kills four Palestinians in Gaza Strip; Houses destroyed in Nablus area
Israeli forces killed four armed Palestinians in a refugee camp in the central Gaza Strip early Tuesday morning, Palestinian sources reported.
Palestinian sources said Israeli tanks backed up by helicopters participated in the raid at al Maghazi camp. The sources said Palestinians fired anti-tank missiles and threw grenades at soldiers.
The Palestinian sources added the soldiers fired at the Palestinians in a clash in an alley, killing at least four men in their twenties.
According to another report, witnesses said Iayd Abu Zayad, 28, was killed and his brother injured when Israeli forces fired on a car in which Palestinian gunmen were travelling on the outskirts of the Maghazi camp.
Israeli forces also operated in Khan Yunis, where bulldozers demolished several houses, according to media reports.
Earlier, the Israel Navy imposed a blockade on the coast of Gaza, barring fishermen and boats from going into the Mediterranean, the sources said.
In the West Bank, the Israeli army demolished two homes in the Nablus area. In Beit Dajan, Israeli troops destroyed the home of Kamil Abu Khnesh, a senior activist of the Palestinian Front for the Liberation of Palestinian.
In Beit Furiq, troops destroyed the home of Fatah activist, Habash Hannani. (Albawaba.com)
- Palestinian dead in West Bank as Israel bombs Gaza Strip
- Two Israeli soldiers wounded in Gaza Strip as six Palestinian houses demolished
- Palestinian shot in W.Bank as Israel continues Gaza Strip raids
- Two Palestinians, Israeli soldier wounded; more houses destroyed in Gaza Strip
- At least 11 Palestinians killed as Israeli tanks raid Gaza City; Two Palestinians shot dead in Nablus