Israel kills Palestinian in Gaza Strip, detains six in West Bank
An Israeli naval boat patrolling the Gaza Strip coast shot and killed one Palestinian early Saturday near the border between the Strip and Egypt, Palestinian officials said, according to the AP.
On its part, the Israeli army said two men were swimming over from Egypt with "bags of weapons they were smuggling" and thus they were shot. Palestinian medical sources identified the dead man as Nazen Farhat, 27. A second man who was with Farhat in the Palestinian town of Rafah remained unaccounted for, the officials added.
Meanwhile, Israeli artillery opened fire on a site in the Gaza Strip from which Israel claimed a mortar shell was launched. No injuries were reported.
In the West Bank, six Hamas activists were arrested by occupation forces. Five were nabbed in Nablus city and one near the town of Qalqilia.
- Gaza Strip: Israel kills six Palestinians
- Israel kills six Palestinians in West Bank and Gaza Strip
- Israeli troops kill six Palestinians in West Bank and Gaza Strip
- Israel Kills Six Palestinians in West Bank and Gaza Strip, Including Three Children
- At least six Palestinians Killed in West Bank, Gaza Strip as Israeli forces occupy more villages