Israel kills two Palestinians in Jenin, leaves destruction in Hebron
Early Friday, two Palestinians were killed in clashes with Israeli soldiers in the West Bank town of Jenin, Palestinians and the Israeli military said. Two other Palestinians were arrested in Jenin, and five others were detained elsewhere in the West Bank in overnight operations.
In Tulkarem, hospital officials said undercover troops killed Thursday Fayez Jaber, 32, the local leader of the Al Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades. A bystander working in a candy store was also killed, Palestinians said.
Palestinian security officials said Jaber was killed when four men ran toward the store after Israeli soldiers, disguised as Palestinians, chased their car through Tulkarem.
In Hebron, three israeli bulldozers escorted by four tanks demolished more than 100 stalls at a vegetable market in the center of Hebron. Soldiers fired live rounds and rubber-coated steel pellets at Palestinians who threw stones and large objects during the demolition. Six thoroughfares were closed to Palestinian traffic, witnesses said. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Two Palestinian boys killed in Tulkarem; Israel arrests Palestinians in Hebron, Qalqilya
- Israeli troops kill five Palestinians in West Bank, Gaza Strip clashes
- Israel kills two unarmed Palestinians in West Bank
- Four Palestinians Wounded after Hebron Funerals
- Five Palestinians killed by Israeli fire in West Bank