Israel - Lebanon war: 12 Hizbullah fighters killed, Israeli soldiers wounded
A fierce battle between Israeli forces and Hizbullah fighters took place Friday afternoon in the southern Lebanese town of Bint Jbeil. According to Lebanese sources, at least 12 Hizbullah men were killed in the course of fire exchanges. During the fight, Hizbullah used a mortar shell at the Israeli troops. The soldiers were hit and several of them were wounded.
The clashes in "Hizbullah's capital" of southern Lebanon in recent days have claimed a heavy toll: Two days ago nine Israeli soldiers were killed and 22 had been wounded during battles with Hizbullah. The Shiite group published on Friday morning a declaration claiming four of its fighters killed the day before.
- Lebanon war: At least 11 Lebanese, two Israeli soldiers killed
- At least one Israeli soldier killed, six wounded during clash with Hizbullah fighters
- Hizbullah: Some 250 fighters killed in war with Israel
- One Hizbullah fighter, one Israeli soldier killed in border clash
- Israel kills seven Lebanese, claims capturing of two Hizbullah fighters