Israeli Embassy in Jordan Claims National Killed in Amman
Unidentified gunmen shot dead an Israeli citizen in the Jordanian capital Amman on Tuesday, an Israeli embassy spokesman said, emphasizing that the victim was not a diplomat.
Roey Gilad was quoted as saying that the Israeli was shot in the Seventh Circle area of Amman at 11:00am (0800 GMT).
"It was a fatal injury but the background is not clear yet, it might be criminal or related to the political situation," Gilad told Reuters, but gave no further details.
A Jordanian official confirmed thatan Israeli had been shot dead.
But Al Jazeera satellite TV channel said that the Israeli was a diplomat who was shot in the embassy, which is located in the capital's Rabia neighborhood – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Turk Claims Israeli Embassy Killing
- Two Jordanian Groups Claim Responsibility for Killing Israeli in Amman
- Embassy: Israeli Civilian, not Diplomat, Shot to Death in Amman
- Israel Cites Evidence Indicating Political Motives for Killing of National in Amman
- Protestors attempt to storm Israeli embassy in Jordan