Israeli helicopters attack in south Lebanon, two people killed; Two Palestinian fighters shot dead in Gaza Strip
Israeli helicopters on Tuesday night attacked a group of people in southern Lebanon, who the Israeli army said was preparing launchers to fire Katyush rockets at Israel.
Reuters news agency reported that two people, likely Palestinians were killed in this attack.
The incident took place at around 10 P.M. (local time) in the central part of the border between Israel and Lebanon.
A Lebanese security official told the AP the helicopters opened fire on a group of Palestinian gunners who had fired rockets toward Israel from Wadi Sluqi, about 8 kilometers north of the Israeli border.
In the meantime, Israeli troops Tuesday night foiled a Palestinian attempt to infiltrate into the settlement of Morag in the southern Gaza Strip. The soldiers spotted a Palestinian fighter approaching the settlement, opened fire and killed him, Israel Radio reported. On Wednesday morning, Israeli troops found two bodies of Palestinian fighters.
Later, Palestinian security sources reported no injuries following an Israeli navy attack on targets in Gaza Strip.
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Palestinian shot dead in Gaza Strip as Qassam rockets fired on southern Israel
- Four Palestinians killed in Gaza Strip, One settler shot dead in W. Bank
- Gaza Strip: Three Palestinian fighters shot dead during attempt to attack settlement
- Gaza Strip: Six Palestinians killed, Israeli officer wounded in series of clashes
- Israel kills two Palestinians near Nablus, Hamas rockets hit Israeli town