Israeli injured in Gaza Strip shooting attack as PA says parliamentary elections to be held ”on time”
An Israeli was seriously injured in a shooting attack near the southern Gaza Strip settlement of "Morag" Tuesday afternoon, according to Israel's Army Radio.
The man, shot while working on a fence in the hothouse area of the settlement, was rushed to medical care nearby, then evacuated to hospital.
Meanwhile, the Palestinian Authority on Tuesday said that upcoming parliamentary elections in the occupied territories would be held on time.
In addition, it has warned that an expansion of Jewish settlements in the West Bank was "killing" the American-backed "roadmap" for peace between Israel and the Palestinians. On Tuesday, Palestinian official Sa'eb Ureikat said the implementation of an Israeli plan to erect thousands of new settler units outside Arab East Jerusalem would destroy the peace process.
© 2005 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Two Palestinians shot dead in Gaza Strip as Israel publishes new tenders to expand West Bank settlements
- Settler killed in shooting attack west of Ramallah as Sharon hints at future Gaza Strip evacuation
- Israeli Soldiers Kill Palestinian Farmer after Two Explosions in Gaza Strip
- Four Palestinians killed in Gaza Strip, One settler shot dead in W. Bank
- Israeli Troops Kill Palestinian Teenager in Gaza Clash